| An artist: Médéric Degoy
An artwork: action photography, without editing nor retouching
A dedicated website: interactive composition of unique combinationsPress releases (english and french) : click here
| An artist,
an interactive site
" After my last series of abstract photographs, I felt the need to push the aesthetic appeal of my images a little further, keeping with my edit-free photographic technique, but creating echoes between the shots by combining them in multi-panel series. p>
While I was designing diptychs for collectors, I got the idea to include an interactive tool to let them test various possibilities, while still providing some guidance and keeping my artist's eye in the work.
My abstract pieces, which I've divided into twelve series according to the meanings that I have imbued them with, leave great freedom; anyone can project their own vision onto them and so each collector enriches the result with the highly personal echoes of that vision.
I plan to go on posting new pictures in all the series on an ongoing basis. I love the idea that anyone who appreciates my work can browse or assemble my images by projecting their own meaning on them! I also love the immediacy that this new tool provides as well as the openness and availability that the internet provides: the creation of collections of personal combinations, digital copies, newsletters, screensavers... and all driven by the user's own combinations; all of which is done by the use of tools that might in themselves seem incidental, but actually allow anybody to take possession of my work and make it resonate theirself. p>
I look forward to your impressions of my new work and this exciting new interactive approach to art and meaning for the twenty-first century."
|| Here is the statement for my collection "Remnants of souls" (extended series proposed here) :
Moments. Snapshots. No editing, no retouching ; yet in the pared-down moment of the shot, in the uniqueness of a stretching moment, lies hidden behind the world's apparent materiality a truth, beyond the illusion of reality, liberating us from the illusion of time, letting us glimpse a profundity, a hidden path, and yet one which everyone recognises in their deepest self.
All prints are limited editions, and combination are single copies. P> For the print, many techniques exist, I chose the one that best fit my photographs.
- Lambda C-Print on matte argentic paper, museum/collection quality
- Conservation: it is a silver photographic print of the highest quality.
- Dibond (very thin material, aluminum / foam / aluminum a few millimeters of thickness, very strong and very light).
- thanks to a thin aluminium backframe, the photography is 1.5cm away from the wall, without any border. It can be mounted with a nail.
- satin finish coating (matt final appearance, enhanced protection of the photograph).
Shipping and handling :
- Printing, mounting, boxing and shipping provided by a well-known french pro lab.
- Shipping and strong wood-boxing.
- Each print is checked, signed and numbered by the artist.
Digital File :
- Delivery of a JPG file assembled by the choice of polyptych, digitally signed, unique permanent record to verify the numbers and the uniqueness of a draw.
| Sizes available
|| - C-Prints: from 27x27cm to the smaller panels, 120x180cm up for the biggest (example: the above photo is a 120x80); Combinations, 27x81cm up to 120x600cm.
-- digital copies: formats suitable for computer, telephone or Internet.
Start now : see all photos